* A blog ensures that you write, and this is no small thing. Most writers procrastinate;
* A blog gets you known, and the more people who know you, the more your career builds (yes, it really is who you know, and who knows you);
* A blog gives you opportunities -- the best writing jobs are not advertised;
* A blog gives you credibility. Anyone can call himself a writer. A blog is your showcase;
* A blog is an investment. In 2008, a small blog sold for fifteen million dollars. A blog you create may never sell for anywhere near this sum, however (especially if you create a blog with the aim of selling it one day), a blog is a fantastic investment of your time and energy;
* When you blog, you come to see that there are many different kinds of blogs. Some are created purely as money-makers, and bring in daily income: $50 one day, $400 the next, $200 on another day... all for an investment of a few hours of your time.