You can use short stories in many different ways:
- Sell them as ebooks – of course;
- Use them for marketing, as freebies;
- Compile them into bundles. Just your own stories, or get together with a group of writers, and do a group bundle. Everyone gets exposure;
- Publish them on your blog (and then remove them later, when you upload them to Amazon.) Publishing your short stories for free is a wonderful way to promote your fiction. I’ll be doing a lot of this in 2015. You know I love to blog;
- Sell them to buyers. Last year, I ghosted a collection of short stories for a ghostwriting client. He sold them to someone else. So there’s a market for your short fiction if you want to sell all rights.