As I’ve been saying since 2000, your blog offers you instant publishing. Please stop thinking of your blog as if it were an ATM machine, although it can be. Start thinking of your blog as publishing. At the click of the “Publish” button, you can reach millions of people who could buy from you, one day.
Your blog repays you for the time you invest in it. Blogging helps you by:
- Showing you what works, and what doesn’t work for your writing;
- Helping you to write better, faster;
- Winning readers and fans;
- Making you accountable: it’s all too easy to push off “deadlines”;
- Building a writing habit;
- Increasing your network — it’s always who knows you that builds your career.