As a 30-year veteran of the writing craft, my career has spanned novels, nonfiction books, articles for mass-market magazines, tech journalism, copywriting and writing for the Web. Although I consider myself primarily a copywriter, I've always been a generalist writer. This has given me a broad overview of the writers' craft.
I've been teaching writing for a couple of decades, first in community colleges, and now online. I love writing and teaching writing; it's fun for me. My primary aim is to build my students' confidence in their skills, and to help them to make a great income from their writing.
My aim with my blogs and my ebooks is to share what works FOR ME, and for my writing students. Especially on the Internet, there's a lot of misinformation about writing. You'll find "writers" passing on "information" based on what they've read from other writers. In my blogs and in my ebooks, as well as in my writing classes, I share information which is genuine and accurate, because it's been tested.
Angela Booth's Writing Blogs
* Angela Booth's Writing Blog - online since 2004. Information and tips about writing, creativity and the writing life;
* Fab Freelance Writing Blog - I hived this blog off from my writing blog because I wanted a freelance-specific blog. This blog is for the working freelance writer, writing full-time, or part-time with a view to becoming a pro freelancer. I publish a weekly ezine for the blog's readers - the ezine is published in PDF format and is free;
* Blogging For Dollars Blog - in 2006 I write an ebook "Blogging For Dollars" on how to make money blogging, either as a pro blogger (blogging for others) or as an entrepreneurial blogger. This blog is free. It's primarily for the purchasers of the blogging ebook, and for my blogging students, although I hope it's useful to writers and Web publishers generally;
* Fab Web Writer - with Web writing becoming a powerful new writing venue, I started this blog to share Web writing information and tips. There's a new Web-writing network too: get your own page and blog on the network site;
* Top Ebook Writer - for writers writing ebooks, either for others to sell online and offline, or for their own money-making efforts. Writing ebooks is a brilliant new field for freelance writers who want to make money by sharing their expertise;
* Seven Days Copywriting Blog - another blog written as a companion to an ebook, "Seven Days To Easy Money: Copywriting Success, new 2007 edition";
* Seven Days Copywriting Success - a copywriting blog on the Terapad platform. This blog is an experiment on using Terapad. I like Terapad as a platform; I'm hoping that it will develop and to show my support for the platform, I created this blog;
* Fab Freelance Writing Ezine Archives - exactly what the title says. :-) I started this blog because after some 35 issues of the ezine, it became obvious that posting the archives to a static Web site presented challenges. The blog format for the archives makes the ezine easier to search, and to find online;
* Business Writing Today - business writing, language, grammar;
* Just Write A Book Blog - for writers of fiction and nonfiction books.
* Writing Hacker - my site for developing your writing skills.